Skriptorium
Aktuelle Zeit: Mo 23. Okt 2017, 07:58

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Sookie Stackhouse Series
Verfasst: So 22. Sep 2013, 00:35 
Irrlicht

I will dive right in....

Even though I have a pile of books waiting for me to find time to read, the one I most recently finished reading was the final installment, book 13, of the Sookie Stackouse series titled Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris. (link to Amazon Germany)

I would love to discuss if anyone has read any of these.

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Sookie Stackhouse Series
Verfasst: Fr 27. Sep 2013, 09:09 
Schreibstuben-Oberhexe
Schreibstuben-Oberhexe

At the moment replying to this topic seems to be much more attractive to me than working *cough* ...

First of all, McJules: No, I never heard of this series. But of course I followed your link to Amazon and I learned that it is about vampires (the very fact of it makes it very attractive to me, I can tell you :bat2:). And so I read the summary of the plot. All of a sudden a thought crossed my mind: May it be that this series is the basis for the TV series "True Blood"?? I mean, because of the vampire thing and the fact that the leading female character is called Sookie ... :scratch:

However, I'd love to learn more about Sookie Stackhouse, my dear! I'm always looking for interesting books ... and with Halloween approaching a vampire story is a perfect match!

:cat:

Verfasst: Fr 27. Sep 2013, 20:01 
Irrlicht

Hello Carmen! Glad you are taking time from work to talk vampires with me.

YES! The TV series "True Blood" was born from the book series. I personally have not watched the show because I prefer my own version of the characters rather than those of casting directors. :teehee: I had that problem with the Twilight series and casting for the films so I chose to not watch the TV series. I have heard that the TV version does not follow true to the story lines in the books either. So I will stick with the books, thank you. :mad: :evil:

The book series is fantastic in my view. I had read the Twilight series first and very much enjoyed those books. I have said to people that Sookie is like Twilight but for grown-ups. :wink: Just enough heat for an adult.

The characters are all very intriguing and there are many and lots of different story lines. The "universe" that is created by the author is full of colorful characters in a great setting. If you like reading reading about vampire lore etc. these books are for you. I'm thinking about re-reading all 13 of them!

Let me know if you take the plunge Carmen and decide to read these!

Verfasst: Fr 27. Sep 2013, 23:29 
Schreibstuben-Oberhexe
Schreibstuben-Oberhexe

Oh, I already decided to give these books a try. :bigsigh:
Vampires, intriguing characters, great setting, adult heat ... that sounds very tantalising! :drool:
As for the TV show, I'm rather glad now that I didn't watch it (I just peeked into it once or twice, in the middle of the series, thus I didn't get what the whole thing was about). Me too, I prefer to create all the characters and scenes and happenings in my head rather than to content myself with other people's scarce imagination.

So give me a bit time, my dear. I'll buy the 1st book within short (preferrably in English to improve my verbal skills). And as soon as I'm a tad more informed about the whole thing, I'd love to discuss the story line with you!

:bookreading:

Verfasst: Sa 28. Sep 2013, 04:31 
Irrlicht

I will anxiously await your read and your review! I am glad you never watched the show either.

Enjoy the first book! Can't wait to hear what you think!

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]